Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Allergies+Rhinitis Pregnancy?

Bah! 



I swear if my congestion doesn't let up soon my poor husband will never sleep (and neither will I).
He keeps telling me I sniff all night long, this I know as I am usually up blowing my goofy nose more than I care to count. I've tried sleeping on an incline and that doesn't last more than 20 to 30 min and boom, I'm awake.

I guess allergies can get worse when pregnant and then you have the possible symptom of Rhinitis Pregnancy on top of that. Makes for a heck of a time breathing! The upside to this is I know I'm not sick, I feel fine other than this awful sneezing, itchy eyes & nose plus congestion. 
Oh and did I mention that there's a ton of drainage some days? (Yes, gross!!) 
You can suddenly loose your appetite. 
Gee, I wonder why?



An increased amount of Estrogen can cause swelling of the nasal membranes therefore making your nose stuffy and congested. Hormonal changes don't help either. And if you're allergy prone already there's the chance it'll get worse before better. All the rapid changes in your body throws it for a loop. 
Thus water being SO important!

I do admit it's a blast trying to decide which is more important...

Chewing or breathing.


I plan on looking to see if there's anything I can do to help my nose/breathing situation seeing as being pregnant I can't take my regular allergy stuff. I know some nose drops and/or sprays can be safe, it's just a matter of finding out which ones. I see my midwife next week and I'll ask her then.

Hope you're having an easier time breathing than I am ;0P

Blessings,
Shannon <3 




No comments:

Post a Comment