We keep learning how that car wreck the summer before last really did a number on my poor body. (Esp since I was still regaining ground in workouts before I got pregnant...)
We have been blessed with a wonderful chiro my midwife suggested and his passion is to work with pregnancy. My goodness has he been a life saver!! I had another I was seeing but this guy has built part of his job around pregnancy and all that entails.
(Can be had cold or warm.)
Making sure plans are in place:
Now is the time to nail down any plans you have to make for you and your coming baby!!
1. Finding a reputable doctor for the baby.
And do they support your choice to vaccinate/not vaccinate or selective vaccinate?
2. Do you have a birth plan in place?
(This is esp good f you're planning a hospital birth.
We will have one set up for if we have to go due to any emergency.)
3. Do you have everything you need in order to have this baby not not freak out over something not being done or bought etc... All the major things at least. A few small things left undone is okay, ask for help for that stuff if you honestly can't do it before baby comes!
4. If you're having a home birth do you have all your supplies?
If it's a hospital birth do you have your bag ready(With birth plan in print and copies made)?
5. Have you researched how you plan on doing diapers?
a. Most disposable have a lot of junk in them that create health issues, rashes etc... Look into safer options which are out there for disposable but they will def raise the cost of things.
b. If you're planning on going the cloth rout, research and ask around for what people find to work best and what will fit your particular lifestyle.
6. Do you have nursing bras that fit for both night and day?
And do you have a small box of nursing pads put away just in case you start leaking pre baby.
Not to mention having some for day 3 when the milk comes in post baby is also a good idea!
7. Do you have meals frozen + lined up to be brought when you give birth?
In reality you'll only need meals for 2 weeks if all goes smoothly. Start prepping some meals and freezing them now and find somebody to organize the other meals you'll be needing!
You should not be doing all of this, you have a baby to prep for.
8. Make sure people know if you're planning on visitors or having them turned away for X amount of days/weeks. Yes, you will prob need to remind them a few times but this is time for you to get into routine and recover! Don't feel pressure to have people come right away.
9. Have you lined up pre baby pampering for yourself??
This is key!!
Get your hair done, a massage, a pedi and mani!
You OWE yourself, it's been a long road and you've waited so long to have this baby...
Make yourself feel gorgeous for that day when your baby makes their grand entrance :)