Thursday, September 13, 2012

Pregnancy and Body Image.

(I wrote this blog a day or so back and decided to sit down and finally finish it :)

It's a quiet day here at the house and I'm quite tired...

The emotional state of these goofy hormones can throw you for a loop.
This morning I felt very off...
Kinda got mad at my husband for something really stupid and he kept asking me what was wrong.
He can see right through me I swear.

My darling husband knew my hormones were going nuts and he pressed to see what was really bugging me. I started to cry a little and felt stupid in doing so. I've been so incredibly tired this entire pregnancy or feeling sick, (At the start) I've had hardly the physical strength/energy to workout and I used to workout 3 to 5 days a week. I would hike, lift weights, use my body weight, stretch etc...

I was feeling a little blah in the self image department... However my husband continues to see me in a very different light. He sees me as not only perfect and growing as our baby changes inside me each passing month, but he finds this stage in our lives to be very exciting. He has NEVER once had a negative comment and is daily telling me how gorgeous I am.

Am I blessed or what?

But over the last week I've noticed the pregnancy weight (However healthy it is) in a different light.
In this "light" I needed to realize it's my worn out state and I'm bound to see things in a clouded haze.
Not quite reality.

But we've all experienced this before haven't we?

My husband has vowed to help me start working out on a regular basis again when he's home in the mornings. I told him I need his presence and motivation to help me. I know he'll keep to his word.
We worked out today and that helped me, a lot!



Working out for 10 to 30 min when pregnant is not only good for you and good time limits to set so you don't over do it. (I would hit it hard before the baby came into the picture...) But it's enough to feel great and know you're still taking care of yourself! Lower impact exercises feel wonderful and a pilates ball is soon to become an even closer friend of yours. (It's heaven on the back and lower body! And will be a Godsend from what I hear when labor hits...) Just make sure to stay hydrated and energized with a meal before and after. This will prevent any risk of feeling overly worn out or even feeling sick. 

It's great to have an amazing support system and I think every pregnant woman needs that!
Esp when she's tired and feeling kinda loopy in her thoughts. ;)

Feeling much better now I see my lack of sleep had finally caught up to me and I needed to be smacked back to reality. I am blessed to be so loved. As are all of you!

Hug 'n Kisses,
Shannon <3

Romans 8:37-39 No, in all these things we are more than conquerors through him who loved us. For I am sure that neither death nor life, nor angels nor rulers, nor things present nor things to come, nor powers, nor height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God in Christ Jesus our Lord.




No comments:

Post a Comment